Saturday, December 18, 2010

What Kind Of Weave Does Tia

ME: 18. When you write, do you listen to music?

Posted Children of the O . Thank you to leave your comments on the main blog.

18. When you write, do you listen to music?

Yes, very often. I also try to choose my music based on mood. When I wrote Blood of Mirrors, murky and depressing novel, listening to a lot the first CD of Mylène Farmer. My impression is that it feels ^ ^
Now, I tend to have more trouble keeping my concentration a decade ago, so I avoid songs "in text" especially in French. I am quite able to put myself to listen to the words and I find myself with scraps of phrases with lyrics inside. So I table about songs in English, the less distracting to me (too bad good, "Baby Please Do not Leave Me / I Want You Back / I Love You Baby / My Baby Left Me" ;, it does not really want to dwell on the lyrics. I may be chauvinistic, but I feel that Americans are struggling to write songs that really mean something profound).
Sometimes, I do not just music, mostly because I do not have my iPod handy, or because I put a playlist and I'm so caught in my text when it ends I do not notice it no more music.
And the train, the music is essential! Because I already pure sick headphones, which were very expensive (but worth every last penny), which almost completely isolate me from outside noise (they are not reducing noise, but their effectiveness is similar), and the TGV there are always kids screaming and who can to play quietly, and their parents seem to really care. So with my headphones, that isolate me alone already not bad, and my music, I'm comfortable in my little cocoon, and I can write in peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment